Announcing The Release Of repmgr 4.0.3
Posted on 2018-02-15
Oxford, United Kingdom – February 15, 2018
2ndQuadrant announces the release of repmgr 4.0.3. repmgr is the most popular tool for PostgreSQL replication and failover management. It enhances and complements PostgreSQL’s built-in replication capabilities, making it easy to set up and manage standby servers, check replication status, and perform administrative tasks such as switchover operations. The repmgrd daemon provides automatic failover capability to maximize database uptime and can easily be integrated with other tools such as PgBouncer for high application availability.
repmgr 4.0.3 includes the following usability enhancements related to logging/diagnostics, event notifications, and pre-action checks:
- Improve repmgr standby switchover behavior when pg_ctl is used to control the server and logging output is not explicitly redirected.
- Improve repmgr standby switchover log messages and provide new exit code ERR_SWITCHOVER_INCOMPLETE when old primary could not be shut down cleanly.
- Add check to verify the demotion candidate can make a replication connection to the promotion candidate before executing a switchover.
- Add check for sufficient walsenders and replication slots on the promotion candidate before executing repmgr standby switchover.
- Add –dry-run mode to repmgr standby follow.
- Provide information about the primary node for repmgr standby register and repmgr standby follow event notifications.
- Add standby_register_sync event notification, which is fired when repmgr standby register is run with the –wait-sync option and the new or updated standby node record has synchronized to the standby.
- When running repmgr cluster show, if any node is unreachable, output the error message encountered in the list of warnings
This release contains the following bug fixes:
- Ensure an inactive data directory can be overwritten when cloning a standby.
- repmgr node status upstream node display fixed.
- repmgr primary unregister clarify usage and fix –help output.
- Parsing of pg_basebackup_options fixed.
- Ensure the pg_subtrans directory is created when cloning a standby in Barman mode
- repmgr witness register fix primary node check.
For a detailed list of all fixed bugs, please read the full release notes here.
We highly recommend upgrading to repmgr 4.0.3 at the earliest opportunity available. For this release, a simple package upgrade and restart of repmgrd (if running) is required.
repmgr is developed and maintained by 2ndQuadrant – your diligent team of PostgreSQL experts.
repmgr is distributed under GPL v3.
For more information, please send an email to info@2ndQuadrant.com