Software Developer (C#, VB.NET, PHP, MySQL/SQL) / Know How Recruitment / Oldham, Lancashire, United Kingdom
Our client are a global market leader in the design and manufacture of cash validation devices and processing services. They’ve over 300 employees at 10 locations across five continents, with around 120 based in their state-of-the-art head office. If you’re a visionary in your field and unafraid to challenge the status quo, you could be exactly what they need to fulfil their goal of revolutionising the cash handling industry.
Who are they?
You’ll find them on the edge of the Pennines and less than half an hour from central Manchester, with great local amenities and transport links on their doorstep. On-site they’ve modern, open-plan offices, a rapid prototype workshop and development laboratory, which along with their friendly and hardworking culture should help you feel right at home.
They’re looking for a talented Software Developer (C#, VB.NET, PHP, MySQL/SQL) to design and produce high-level software web and desktop applications for global distribution, warehousing, production, reporting and sales order processing. The projects will be varied and involving, whilst adding significant value to their internal efficiencies, productivity and customer offering.
As their range of products and services expand they require an increasing level of core systems to support internal improvements, as well as cloud services and device interfacing solutions for increasing number of international customers.
This opportunity gives the successful candidate the chance to be part of a highly progressive, state of the art, cash handling equipment manufacturer, as they move into new markets. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in software design with the skills to understand the challenges of the global infrastructure.
What you’ll be doing as their Software Developer (C#, VB.NET, PHP, MySQL/SQL)?
– You’ll develop integrations between internal and third-party business applications
– You’ll maintain and improve existing applications, processes and systems
– You’ll write test specifications and procedures for new or modified software
– You’ll identify risks, devise robust application component testing, debug and provide creative software solutions
– You’ll conduct feasibility studies on ideas for new product concepts
– You’ll collaborate with the multi-disciplined R&D Engineers and Scientists
– You’ll create user and production support tools for the designs
– You’ll provide significant technical support and training to staff
Key Skills & Experience required of their Software Developer (C#, VB.NET, PHP, MySQL/SQL):
– Degree in Computer Science, or a related subject, is preferred
– Experience in C#, VB.NET, PHP and MySQL/SQL, is essential
– Experience in ASP.NET, node.js and/or MVC, is desirable
– Developing applications for a manufacturing/distribution business is desirable
– Track record of successful project delivery and development management
– Proven ability to write high quality code
– An analytical, creative and practical approach to solving problems
Your Package & Perks
– Flexible working hours, to fit around personal commitments and give you time off when you’d like it most (with many of their team finishing at 2 o’clock on Fridays)
– Paid breaks, in their own state-of-the-art open-plan offices, with free hot premium drinks
– 24 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays, for great work-life balance
– Workplace Pension Scheme, with a 3% contribution from them
– Private Healthcare Scheme available for you, and the option to add family members
– Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work Scheme
– Free onsite modern gym, staff car workshop and an active social calendar
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to become their new Software Developer (C#, VB.NET, PHP, MySQL/SQL) then please click Apply’ today, they’d love to hear from you!
Employment Type: Permanent
Pay: 25,000 to 45,000 GBP (British Pound)
Pay Period: Annual